(continued on the next page...)
What we will need:
4 hard-boiled eggs, shelled
½ cup sliced shallots
8 -10 roast dried chilies
½ cup tamarind paste
3 tbsp palm sugar (or dark brown sugar)
1 tbsp fish sauce
¼ cup fresh cilantro
To make tamarind paste, we will need:
¼ cup tamarind
½ cup warm water
In a bowl pour the warm water over the tamarind. Use your fingers to squeeze the tamarind and remove the fibers and seeds.
Then strain to get rid of the tiny bits.
1. Boil the eggs, and leave for a few minutes to cool down.
2. When cooled, peel and set aside for frying.
3. Add the tamarind paste to a sauce pan. Then turn the heat on low.
4. Add sugar and fish sauce. Mix well and simmer on low for about 4 to 5 minutes. Then remove from heat.
5. Fry the shallots in a small frying pan on high heat until they turn brown. This should not take a long time at all (maybe just a minute). Then remove from heat.
6. Next is to fry the boiled eggs. In a pan keep turning the
copyright © mommymaker.com